联 系 人：赵老师、郭老师
ADMISSION FOR CONFUCIUS INSTITUTE
I. Qualification of candidate
2.Applicants should be in good physical and mental health, have good character and excellent academic performance.
3. Applicants are interested in engaging in Chinese Language Education, teaching activities and international works related to Chinese languagepromotion.
4.Applicants' age limit should be between 16-35 years old. Current Chinese language teachers' age limit could be up to 45years old.
II. Scholarship Categories and Application Requirements
III. Scholarship coverage
1. Full Confucius Institute Scholarship includes: tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance (except four weeks scholarship students) and comprehensive insurance for foreign students studying in china. Living allowance standard is as follows:
a) CNY2, 500 for Bachelor's Degree Students, One-Academic Year students and One-Semester Students.
b) CNY3, 000 for Master's Degree Students.
2.Yunnan University provides free dormitory for the students. Students who choose to live off-campus would be given accommodation fee of 700 Yuan /month/person monthly or quarterly after approval.
3.MTCSOL one-academic-year students and one-semester students must attend a Chinese proficiency test (HSK) and a Chinese speaking test (HSKK)before graduation, the school will get the reimbursement of examination fee from scholarship students' training funds.
4.Scholarship students are required to register at the school on time, otherwise their scholarship qualification will be canceled.
5.The students who are enrolled before or on the 15th day of that month (including the 15th day) will receive the full monthly living expenses. Later than 15th day, thenthe amount will be halved. Living expenses of the graduates shall be distributed to the school for half a month after the date of graduation.
6. Scholarship recipients who leave China more than 15 days for personal reasons would have no living allowance during the departure periodliving allowance would be unpaid to the students who quit or drop out of school because of personal reasons or serious disciplinary violations.
IV. The Application Procedure
1. Online Application
From March 1st, 2020, Applicants can register online on the Confucius Institute Scholarship website and fill in the “Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form”, and upload electronic scanned copies of the supporting documents,
2. Contact and select the recommending institutions
Applicants can visit the Confucius institute scholarship website to search and select the recommending institutions.
3. Recommending institutions will review and recommend the qualified students to Yunnan University. Yunnan University will in charge of examining the admission qualifications of applicants and conducts merit-based pre-admission.
4. Hanban will conduct an overall assessment of all applications and admit applicants on the basis of competitive selection. Normally, the admission results will be announced two months before the admission date.
5. After confirming the intention of studying abroad, our school will post the Admission offer letter and JW202 Form and other admission materials to the recommending institutions.
6. Students can print the scholarship certificate online. Scholarship owners can only receivethe scholarship treatment after they come to Yunnan University and register on time.
7. According to the <Confucius scholarship Annual Evaluation Method>, Degree student should be assessed at the end of the first term.
V. Application Materials
Recommending institutions need to complete the whole application procedure and make sure the name, nationality and permanent address of the applicant is correct. If the following documents are not in Chinese or English, notarization documents should be provided.
1) Scanned copy of passport photo page.
2)Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit proof of entrustment signed by a guardian in China.
3)Scanned copy of HSK, HSKK transcript report (valid for two years).
4)Recommendation letter signed by the head of the recommending institutions.
5)Notarized the highest diploma certificate (or scheduled graduation proof) and academic transcript.
6)The MTCSOL Scholarship applicants are required to submit two reference letters from professors or associate professors(in Chinese or English).Applicants who can provide the work agreement after graduation from teaching institutions are preferred.
VI. Application deadline:
1. For four-week students in summer vacation, the application deadline is 20th April.
2. For students entering on September, the application deadline is 20th May.
3. For students entering on December, the application deadline is 20th September.
4. For students entering on March, 2020, the application deadline is 20th November.
VII. Contact Information
Contacts: Ms. Zhao, Ms. Guo
Address: Office of Public Relations, School of International Education, Yunnan University: Room 323, Nanxue Building, Donglu Campus of Yunnan University, No.2 North Cuihu Road, Kunming, Yunnan, P.R. China.
Zip code: 650091.